Friday, September 24, 2010

Gathering

Before I lose my nerve I've begun gathering information.  Sending off to agencies for more information on various countries.  I just requested information about Ethiopia, Bulgaria, and India through an agency at 3 this morning.  (what can I say?  when I'm on fire for something I don't sleep well.)  And I talked my husband's ear off this morning.  He's excited, but I think it may have been too much at 6 a.m.  Particularly when my exhausted self was making us run behind schedule!

It's just, I'm snowballing us, trying to gather enough bravery to just do it.  To not let fears or doubts rule us and back down once again.  To not allow us to falter.  To keep our goal in sight.  I even gave out our telephone number to one agency (after much research) so that perhaps we can speak with them.  We're young, so our choice of countries is more limited.  But I'm am keeping the faith that as long as we listen to what God desires of us, even if the journey is long and we have to stop to dump rocks out of our shoes (metaphorically, and perhaps literally) we will end up with a family of three in the end.  

Math, ain't it grand?  We might be helping subtract from the total of orphans, but we're be adding another heart to our little family!  That thought is keeping me going.  

*EDIT* Both Children's Hope International and All God's Children International e-mailed me today!  It's nice to see quick responses!

No comments:

Post a Comment